Welcome to the relaunch of the Cyberpunk Librarian podcast!
I’m back on the airwaves, or at the very least a wireless router or two, with a new podcast that’s pretty similar to the old podcast. As much as I love video and making videos, I find I just don’t have the time right now to roll them out as I’d like to. Meanwhile, I can make a podcast in an hour or so, and that’s start to finish. (Plus a little time to create an outline and stuff, but that can be done over the course of a week.)
On this, the first episode of the relaunch, we’re going to talk about writing a book and paying nothing for software!
- Kubuntu Linux – Probably the easiest way to get Linux and KDE.
- Kate – The text editor for KDE. Comes standard with most installations of KDE.
- LibreOffice – The free, open source office suite.
- Writer2ePub – Create ePubs from your documents in LibreOffice Writer.
- Calibre – eBook management, eBook conversion, and so much more.
- XFCE – A lightweight desktop for Linux. You can easily get it with Xubuntu.
- LXDE – Another lightweight desktop for Linux. You can easily get it with Lubuntu.
- I mentioned the Knight Wise podcast. Check it out!
You can always drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or via my contact form. (Which goes to the same address.)