It’s a podcast about podcasts as Dan talks about the things he does to design, prepare for, and record the show! Find out just how simple, or complex, it can be to make a podcast and pick up some ideas from the Cyberpunk Librarian and others!
Check out these shows for ideas!
- Anything on the Radiotopia network
- Hello, Internet with Brady Haran and CGP Grey
- The Ihnatko Alamanac with Andy Ihnatko and Dan Benjamin
- What the Tech with Andrew Zarian and Paul Thurrott
- The Knightwise.com Podcast with Knightwise
- This Week in Tech with Leo Laporte and others
- Dave’s Lounge with Dave, one of the chillest people on the Internet
- Bad Voltage with four of the biggest geeks on the Net. Jono Bacon, Stuart Langridge, Jeremy Garcia, and Bryan Lunduke
- Welcome to Night Vale is one of the greatest story based podcasts to ever grace the online world
- On the Media with Brooke Gladstone and others. You should also dig on Brooke’s fantastic book The Influencing Machine
- The Linux Action Show with Chris Fisher and Matt Hardy
- The Incomparable with Jason Snell and others
Some hardware and software and stuff!
- WordPress – My free and open source content management system of choice. Or my preferred FOSS CMS.
- Seriously Simply Podcasting – A fantastic plugin for WordPress that helps with podcast distribution on your website.
- FFMPG Plugin for Audacity – Import video files into Audacity to strip off the audio.
- Video DownloadHelper Firefox – Download streaming videos easily.
- Audacity – The best audio editor money can’t buy.
- USB Mic – I use a Rock Band mic. Sure it’s cheesy, but it’s fairly decent.
- Blue Yeti – A primo USB mic. I’ll be upgrading to this fairly soon.
- Pop filter – The cheapest thing you can get to improve your audio.
- Make your own pop filter! – Don’t worry, it’s really easy to do.
- Swivel Arm Boom Mounts – They come in lots of varieties and prices. Mine was something like $30 as I recall. It doesn’t even have a brand on it.
Other cool things!
- Ze Frank – The Show (07-28-06)
- Stripping audio from video using QuickTime
- On the air with John Riggs
- Dani’s Diner with Dani Cutler
- Bellydance at Ebisu by Ryo Miyashita
- Jay Jay by Kevin MacLeod
- Dialect by Deltason
Other good stuff