Join us for a new episode of Cyberpunk Librarian where we dig into the markup language that is Markdown. You too can write rich text in a plain text editor and easily share it online! It’s easy to learn and easy to use and will change the way you look at plain text!
Correction: In the episode I credit Aaron Swartz as a co-creator of Markdown, working with John Gruber. In reality, Swartz was an important early tester, but not a co-creator of Markdown. Thanks to Steve Thomas of Circulating Ideas for the correction!
- Markdown Syntax by John Gruber – This is where it all begins.
- A bunch of great tutorials and information about Markdown from Design Shack
- Dillinger.io – An online Markdown editor. (Special thanks to Knight Wise of the Knightwise.com podcast for the tip!)
- MarkdownPad – For Windows
- MacDown – For OS X
- Haroopad – For Linux
- Byword – For iOS
- Draft – For Android
- My shownotes in raw Markdown