Sometimes it’s far harder than it should be to find that academic paper or research article. Papers and journals are locked behind paywalls, paywalls that don’t matter to your patrons. So let Dan help you break the walls down, and get those articles you and your patrons need!
Listen to the show on YouTube.
- Google Scholar – Start here whenever you’re looking for a scholarly article.
- Unpaywall – For Firefox and Chrome. Looks for legal access to scholarly articles.
- DOAJ – The Directory of Open Access Journals. Almost 10,000 journals an over 2.5 million articles.
- Arxiv – Pronounced “Archive,” this is a massive ePrint server from the Cornell University Library. You’ll find open access to over 1.3 million articles on a variety of subjects.
- Sci-Hub – Open access to scientific and academic research.
- Library Genesis – Over 2 million eBooks, magazines, and articles.
- Sci-Hub Links for Chrome – Turn those DOIs and Pubmed links into Sci-Hub links.
- IBT – Two-thirds of the world’s academic papers are now on Sci-Hub
- r/Scholar – The scholarly article subreddit.
- Bellydance at Ebisu by Ryo Miyashita
- Work by Ketsa
- wander with me by Ketsa
- Sentimental by Sro